Thursday, April 30, 2026

I'm Back

 Welcome back to the Angry American. A blog that started a month after me and my guys were nearly killed in an ambush in Samarra, Iraq in 2005. The continuity of the blog was often measured in millimeters and minutes. Thankfully I'm still here and not the subject of a tap on the table with a shot glass wielded by bearded trigger pullers.

A lot of life was lived and mistakes were made in those empty spaces. I didn't want to blog about the war at home with myself — depression, divorce. Who the hell would want to read that? Real life wasn't the same as normal life, which for me was being on patrol with my guys, not taking kids to dance classes in a minivan. I let the blog die. On occasion I would post something, get zero views and be done with it until the next time whiskey and survivor's guilt made me feel sentimental. 

So yeah, I'm back… I went from serving in combat in the U.S. Army to living in combat as a father and husband in Ukraine. It's been one hell of an interesting transition, to say the least. I'm a bit older, a little slower, maybe a little wiser… I don't know if I'm the same guy that started this blog 20 years ago. That will be for both of us to find out since we have a lot of catching up to do.



No comments: