Thursday, March 20, 2008

ASS IN 9

Ok so I know that I said I was going to post pictures (lied) I know I said I was going to post a thrilling new post in the never ending saga to bring peace to Iraq (lied). Not really I didn't really so much lie as I did maybe misinform- DON'T JUDGE ME! I learned it from the military! Well I mailed the lap top home today so its one less thing I have to carry on the freedom bird when and if I do so make it on said imaginary airplane. Due to a series of misfortunate events i.e. sleeping in, I didn't quite get on there and write what I said I was. I will though.......... Pictures, I got the pictures on a thumb drive and when I get back out to the COP I will upload them. It seems as if the MWR computers inherited viruses from peoples thumb drives so they don't let them load up anymore.
Right now I'm supposed to be back at the chews going through my Soldier's computers checking for porn and inappropriate pictures, i.e. savage death shots, and burnt up trucks and the like. I'll get to that soon enough. The PL came up to me and told me I was to do this and that later he would go through and "Spot check". The word Spot Check really aggrivates the shit out of me. Especially when said Spot Checking will be done by a man who is younger than me and has less time in the Army than my shaving kit. Spot checking I know must be done. It's supposed to be done. Never the less to me it screams "I DON'T TRUST YOU!" Although I do spot check my team leaders, not that I have any doubts in their abilities to accomplish the mission, but at this point I have more time and experience in these things than they do in which my PL does not.
I tell the PL "Well if your gonna do that why don't you just check em, and then that way we are not wasting time double dutching." Then we got into this whole conversation about what spot checking is. He has his views and I have mine. It really could be that its my time of the month and had he initially come up and handed me 100 bucks it still would've made me butt hurt.
I later went to chow and encountered the PSG and he told me that when we get to the COP we have to do a 100 percent ammo count. I know these things have to be done but they get under my skin and what time they pick them to be done at or by. Sometimes it doesn't make any fucking sense. Last time (in Iraq) we did the ammo count we were mission complete pretty much not punching the wire anymore. Does that not make more sense then to conduct the count after we're done punching the wire? Its probably just today getting on my nerves. I might need to sleep in. All these very small issues are annoying the shit out of me.
On a good note though we did have Nacho's for dinner and they rocked. Well I have to skee dattle and go call the misses then I will conduct Operation check for inappropriate photo's. Finish packing whats left of my gear, play some Call of Duty Roads to Victory on the old PSP, read my book and then go to bed, and not in that particular order.
DEUCE DEUCE OUT!!!

3 comments:

The Outspoken Army Wife said...

"Especially when said Spot Checking will be done by a man who is younger than me and has less time in the Army than my shaving kit."

That really made me laugh outloud! Thats pretty good! OMG, speaking of Nachos, ASK RICH about the nacho joke I told him. He didnt like it, but I thought it was pretty cute! *l

I can understand the feeling of "spot checking" and feeling like it's the whole "I dont trust you" thing. That sucks! Well just hang in there, not much longer now. Ya'll will be out of there before you know it.
Also, if you dont mind, would you please tell Rich to call me as well. I havent heard from him in 2 days now. Im starting to get worried. Or atleast let me know he is ok? Thank you! I'm still praying for ya'll to have a safe, speedy return!

Anonymous said...

"...and has less time in the Army than my shaving kit." Lol...you are so funny! We know you guys are WAY beyond EXHAUSTED and are MORE than ready to come HOME. We pray your remaining time over there will pass safely and quickly for you, and that your boots will be hitting the ground here in the good, old USofA before you know it! In the meantime, we continue to enjoy reading your always interesting, and often humorous, commentary. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to share with us. We will miss hearing from you once you return home, but by the same token, we are so very grateful you and all your guys will soon be joining your waiting loved ones. ; )

David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 03/21/2008 News and Personal dispatches from the front lines.